Building a custom home is an exciting, lifelong dream for many. But amidst that excitement, some people can forget that it is not like they see on HGTV. Rather, there are many factors that go into building a home – which we want to share!
Understanding the Timeframe of Building a Custom Home
The timeframe for building a custom home can vary widely. This depends, of course, on size – along with other key factors such as:
- Design: Coming up with the exact architectural plans you want can be a longer process than one might think. In addition, making decisions on the design details – both pre-build and once your home is complete – can be the most time-consuming of all.
- Permits: Obtain permits can also vary based on local regulations and the complexity of the project.
- Site Prep: Excavating the land for your BC custom home often means clearing trees. After which, laying the foundation can take a few weeks to a couple of months, especially if the weather is not cooperating.
- Construction: The construction phase is where the bulk of the time is spent. On average, it can take anywhere from 6 to 12 months or more to build a custom home.
- Weather Delays: As mentioned, weather can play a role in delaying your build, which is largely out of anyone’s control.
- Custom Finishes: Intricate woodwork, special flooring, custom cabinetry; all such things require the craftsmanship of specialized companies to manage. As such, their availability also has to come into consideration.
Other factors include:
- Unexpected Complications
- Coordination/Communication Between Owners & Builders
It’s essential to work closely with your builder, architect, and other professionals involved to get a more accurate estimate for your specific custom home. Sayers Contracting is here to help!
Langley Custom Home Building Contractor
As mentioned on our Custom Home service page…
(If) You’re ready to customize the house of your dreams, let’s do it together. With our pre construction package, we will get working with an architect, pull permits and start the whole process for you. We will have you meet with designers, listen to your vision and then have it all laid out on paper. Our process is simple, easy to follow and fully transparent.
View Our Customer Journey to get an idea of the process, of contact us to get started on building your custom dream home!